Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Maryland Home and Garden Show March 2014: Maryland Orchid Society Exhibition

On March 7th 2014, Arne went to the Timonium Fairgrounds to check out the Maryland Orchid Society exhibition. He said there were fewer orchids this year and he was informed that the extreme cold weather had affected the orchids. But he took some photos so I can put them up in the blog.

A) Arne bought several orchid plants from this Pennsylvania company. He bought his Tolumnia Golden Sunset from them. 

B) Dendrobium & Laelia purpurata, among the many flowers that caught his eyes that day.

C) An assortment of Cattleya orchids.These are rupiculous Laelias, meaning they are rock dwellers.

D) More gorgeous orchid arrangements. See if you can identify which is which!

E) Another company from Lancaster, PA., exhibiting their variety. 

F) Phalenopsis, Paphiopedilum, Leptotes, and Cattleya to name a few that I recognized.

G)  Phragmepedium, Cymbidium and more Phalanopsis exhibited.

H) More orchids to feast your eyes on!

I) Initially I thought this was a Paphiopedilum but Arne pointed out it is a Phragmepedilum. Long story ensued...they look very similar. See my earlier post on Paphiopedilum.

J) This is a Cattleya and Arne had to take a picture because it was ~8 inches across. I took his word on that.

K) Final photo for this posting. A gorgeous array of orchids.
That is all for Arne's visit to to Maryland Home and Gardening Exhibition this year. He bought 4 more orchids. He said he had to so I can continue writing this blog. He bought Rhyncholaelia glanca, Aerangis fastuosa, Aerides houlletiana and Tolumnia Tequila Sunrise (finally a name I could type out easily). I'm looking forward to these new orchids flowers. Kind of exciting, I have to admit. Until next time, enjoy the photos.


3 comments:

  1. Karole , this is a great display of orchids here. Thanks for share them with us all.
    Arne your to much, you only came home with 4 new ones! Next time Karole will be coming home with some orchids to.
    Cntry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cntry! Nice of you to drop by. Yes, he only bought 4 that day but he has since then bought more. He says, I will not have much to blog about by Fall because most of the orchids at home won't be flowering then. ANYWAY, whatever makes us all happy. I'll be posting more this weekend. Enjoy!

      Delete
  2. I got this website from my friend who told me about this web site and now this time I am browsing this site and reading very informative articles or reviews here.

    ReplyDelete