Thursday, October 10, 2019

Orchid of the day: Aerangis luteo-alba var. rhodosticta

Aerangis luteo-alba var. rhodosticta


Arne got this orchid in 2014 and I started posting about this orchid since 2015, October 25th to be exact. Arne has always wanted to grow Aerangis luteo-alba var rhodosticta, as it is almost the only orchid in the tropical part of Africa that is not purely white.  It has yellowish white flowers (luteo-alba) with a bright orange-red column (rhodosticta).  It is supposedly notoriously difficult to culture but he has made it to flourish so far. 


A) Almost all flowers were in bloom at the end of September.


B) In a different light. How pretty.


C) I love the bright yellow spot in the middle of each flower.

D) I forget how much this orchid has grown over the last few years. See the next photo below as a comparison.

E) This was taken in 2015. My post from February 1st, 2015.


F) The entire orchid growing very well on the cork substrate.


A few more posts will be coming down soon, I hope. It has been a little hectic but will get back into the routine again. Until my next post, have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment