Sunday, March 12, 2017

Orchid of the day: Aerangis fastuosa

Aerangis fastuosa



Our Aerangis fastuosa, or The Magnificient Aerangis, have one flower stem this year in contrast to 2016 (See post on April 17, 2016). Despite having one flower stem, we have six beautifully crisp white blooms. This dwarf orchid or miniature orchid is a native of Madagascar. The flowers, which are 2 inches or 5 cm across, are fragrant in the afternoon and at night. If you are interested to read more about this orchid, please checkout my post on April 15th, 2015.

A) A single flower stem peeking out in early February.

B) A closer look of the developing flowers buds on the single stem.

C) By March 5th, you can see how developed the flower buds were.

D) All six buds showing the nectar spurs.

E) This is how the orchid looks like on March 12th.


F) The final look of our Aerangis fastuosa.


I hope you enjoyed my second post for this weekend. I wanted to post about our Aerangis fastuosa because we have so many orchids flowering at almost the same time and I didn't want to neglect this Madagascan beauty! I've also update the layout of my blog and I hope this will highlight the colours of our orchids in each upcoming post.


Until next post, have a great work week!

No comments:

Post a Comment