Sunday, February 12, 2017

Orchid of the day: Encyclia vitellina

Encyclia vitellina



This is one of our latest addition to our orchid collection, Encyclia vitellina, also known as The Yolk-Yellow Prosthechea - In Mexico - "Manuelitos". This orchid is found in Mexico, Nicaragua and Honduras. It is cool to cold growing in forest at altitudes of 1400 to 2600 meters. The wide open flowers are orange to deep scarlet in hue. 


A) Upon arrival, we observed a flower stem developing. Here's a picture from January 29th, 2017.

B) The flowers on January 29th, are very long lasting.

C) On February 5th, we have eight flowers in bloom,

D) A beautiful shot, highlighting the beautiful rich colour.

This is going to be another interesting Mexican orchid and with great care, we look forward to a wonderful relationship. I hope you have enjoyed my post today.

Have a good week everyone!







1 comment:

  1. Lovely colour! I think I will have to add that one to my wish list

    ReplyDelete