Sunday, March 20, 2016

Orchid of the day: Coelogyne nitida

Coelogyne nitida


It is unbelievable but it is almost to the day that I posted about our Coelogyne nitida last year. Orchids tended well and with dedication continue to repay us by blossoming annually. My last post about our Coelogyne nitida was on March 22, 2015

A) Seven flowers in bloom.

Our Himalayan native was divided in late 2014 and today, this one is doing well by producing seven flowers this year. I really love the beautiful vivid yellow-orange dots on the upper lip of each flower. In fact, I missed out on chronicling the development of the flower stems at this.  


B) A view from the back.

C) A healthy orchid with a promise of more flowers next year.

This orchid flowers in Spring and true to its nature, these beautiful fragrant flowers emerges each Spring in March. Something we will look forward to next year.


D) A close up, once more to end this post.

I hope you have enjoyed my post today. Personally, I hope this orchid will flourish even more and perhaps be brought for judging. I believe this orchid has potential in the near future. Have a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment