Sunday, March 8, 2015

Maryland Orchid Exhibition 2015

I am sharing some photos from our visit to the Maryland Orchid Society Exhibition at the Maryland State Fair, in Timonium. It has been such a cold winter and on Saturday March 7th, the weather changed to the better! This was my first trip to the fair and I have to say the exhibition was eye catching and I had fun.

Exhibition of prize winning orchids from growers of the Maryland Orchid Society

Orchid enthusiasts buying and discussing with experts.


Arne bought three orchids this time, Rhynchostylis gigantea, Paphiopedilum druryi and Aerangis mystacidii. It will be sometime before I can post about them. But stay tuned!

This orchid really caught my eye. It reminded me of a beautiful batik design. I didn't get the name but we guess it is an Oncidium alliance hybrid.

An assortment of orchids to pick and choose from.

A beautiful collection of orchids to end this post.


To David Marsalis Carter (DMC). You will be missed by so many.

1 comment:

  1. Hello there! I could have sworn I've visited this site before but after going through a few of the posts I
    realized it's new to me. Nonetheless, I'm certainly
    pleased I stumbled upon it and I'll be book-marking it and checking back regularly!

    ReplyDelete